yucca elata

I think that is the yucca we have in our front yard near downtown Salt Lake City. It has been growing there for at least 35 years. It has bloomed each year for about 25 years. It stood about 12 or 15 feet tall, and flower stalks added another 8-10 feet. During February this year, it "fell over". The bottom of the trunk is still vertical, but it swoops over at about 7 feet up, reaches a low point, and then turns upward again. As far as I can tell, it does not look damaged, it is still green. And it did not have a heavy snow load. So what happened? And should I do anything to "rescue" it? If it would help, I now see from the bottom of this page, I could send a photograph of it as it now appears.
Given the time of day, I plan to retire for the night in a few minutes. Can you send a reply by email? Thank you!

Salt Lake County Utah

It sounds like its own weight plus whatever snow might have been on it just caused the stem to bend. You'll know as growth starts this spring if the stem was damaged much. If not, it likely will settle into this new shape and keep growing. Good luck.