Keeping Cats out of My Yard
This question is really outside the expertise of most Extension professionals. A vet should be consulted since this deals with animals.
From dealing with cats, here are some non-researched-based answers. (I did an internet search, which is dangerous, but here are some ideas.)
- Plant catnip and distract them.
- Intense smells, such as citrus, lemon, and different herbal oils, can be a deterrent.
- Plant lavender plants.
- Disperse coffee grounds. (I have no idea whether this works, but grounds have a strong smell and unnatural texture.)
- Use the herb rue, but be careful of the oils.
- Deer can be deterred with a motion-activated sprinkler.