Food Safety Questions for Farmers

Asked April 4, 2013, 6:28 PM EDT

II have a few questions to ask about food safety and our supply. I'm doing a project for my Nutrition class and Northern Kentucky University. I would like to talk with someone who works directly with farmers. I live in Cincinnati, Ohio and I was wondering if I could get a contact for the best person to talk to?

Hamilton County Ohio

1 Response


If you are looking for information on Food Safety, the best contacts would be from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the US Department of Agriculture, Food Safety and Inspection Service (USDA, FSIS).

The FDA can be contacted via:
Food and Drug Administration
10903 New Hampshire Ave
Silver Spring, MD 20993-0002
or by telephone:1-888-INFO-FDA (1-888-463-6332)—main FDA Phone Number (for general inquiries) USDA, FSIS can be contacted:

USDA Meat & Poultry Hotline
1-888-MPHotline (1-888-674-6854) (Staffed 10 a.m.–4 p.m. ET Monday-Friday; Recorded messages 24/7) |

Hope this helps. Thank you for using eXtension.