Low Flow Outdoor Sprinkler Installation

I hope you can help me. I have been searching and searching for a listing of certified installers for the low flow irrigation sprinklers. I live in Broomfield. Broomfield offers the audits, but has no information via their web site or by phone as to how to find a certified installer. The Center for Resourse Managment has nothing on their website of value to point me in the right direction. In fact, many of the people listed as certified are not available for hire and/or they are city employees. Of course, when you call any landscape company they say they can install them even if they are not certified. Seriously, it should not be so hard to find a certified installer given the situation we are in.

Thanks you so much. I sure hope you can help as I most people do not have hours and hours to search for something that is so important and they may just give up.

Broomfield County Colorado

I understand your frustration at finding a certified installer. Most of the certified people in Colorado tend to be designers and auditors.

Go to http://www.irrigation.org/ and click on the (upper right hand corner of website) "Find a Certified Professional" link. Enter your zip code and you will get a list of possibilities.

You might also check with this company:
http://www.rslinc.net/

Tony.
Thank you for your response. Please forgive my directness, but I am not sure you should be referring people to the irrigation website as it is of no help. I had visited that website prior to sending you a question. For example: If I go to the drop down menu you suggest and I check that I want a certified irrigation contractor and available for hire NOTHING comes up. If I do just certified irrigation contractor only one shows up and he is not available for hire. In fact, a good portion of the names listed are not available for hire. So, I am not sure why they are even on the list. From some one who has been trying to find a qualified expert for hours, getting sent on another wild-goose chase is not a good thing. I cannot believe that is is IMPOSSIBLE to get help in an area that is so important. Getting help on saving our resourses should be easy -- not a full time job.

HI,
There is no other resource available in Colorado for finding "certified" installers, since Colorado (unlike California and Texas, for example) does not have a state certification program for irrigation designers/installers.

Here is another potential resource: the Associated Landscape Contractors of Colorado. Their members are professionals and may hold various certifications, including Certified Landscape Technician, Certified Landscape Professional, etc.
Go here: http://www.alcc.com/
and click on "Find a Landscape Pro". You can narrow the search by defining which type of irrigation expertise you are interested in (designer, installer, repair, etc). You will get many company names. As with any other service, check a client list they may provide and with the BBB for any complaints against them.

I hope this resource is more helpful than that of the Irrigation Association.