hello, I am Zariir from Maldives. I am growing cucumber in hydroponics...

hello, I am Zariir from Maldives. I am growing cucumber in hydroponics system. The vines are growing very well. the problem i am facing is that the young fruits are getting yellow and fall off from the trees. Could anyone give an opinion for the reason for this and what should I do thanks

Outside United States fruits and vegetables vegetables greenhouse gardening organic greenhouse production horticulture

Hello Zariir,
If the fruit is yellow and aborting, it could be an indication of low or improper nutrient fertilization. Cucumber has a high fertilizer requirement. Nutrient fetilization is a huge topic however, in a hydroponic system, provide a pH of 6.0 - 6.5 and the target ratio of nitrogen - phosphorus - ptoassium for the flower and fruiting stage is 180 ppm Nitrogen- 30 ppm Phosphorus and 190 ppm Potassium. Calcium is also needed at 120 ppm. Strong light and warm temperatures are required.

hi Colleen,
thanks for replying. I believe that could possibly be the reason. As we are at the eqautor, temperature and light may well be out of question.
Once again thank you for the reply and if I need further advise, i hope i can rely on you.

best regards
zariir