I recently put in a 62ft. row of trellised wild blackberries and would like...

I recently put in a 62ft. row of trellised wild blackberries and would like to know if there are any vegetables that can be planted in the same row and/or any that should not. I live about 20 miles west of Yosemite National Park at about 3200 ft elevation. Also, could a row of raspberries and/or boysenberries be planted in an adjacent row, say about 5 to 6 ft apart?

Mariposa County California fruits and vegetables gardening raspberries garden blackberries boysenberries horticulture

The blackberries will take over any veggies that you might plant near them, so I would not recommend planting vegetables of any sort very close to the brambles. The roots of brambles are quite competitive for water and nutrients, and the plants can cast considerable shade as they mature - reasons not to try planting veggies too close to the bramble row.

A better alternative, as you suggest, is to another row of raspberries or boysenberries. The 6 foot spacing is recommended to allow easier access for picking and maintenance (pruning) once the plants mature. Mulch the pathway between the rows well to conserve water and reduce weed invasion.