Water well located in Central Texas

Asked March 30, 2013, 11:25 AM EDT

We are located in Luling, TX and have a waterwell. We use it exclusivly to water our property and gardens.
There is a green, leafy like substance that comes through the hoses upon start up. Once we let it run for a while, the majority of it will clear, but not entirely. Unsure if this is algae coming from the well? Any information would be appreciated.

Caldwell County Texas

I am at a loss to diagnose your problem. You need to identify the organism before we can make a recommendation. If it is green and plant-like, there would have to be some water exposure to sunlight. That is not possible for any well that I am familiar with. Can you provide a description of the well, full depth, diameter, depth of water and anything else you can think my help. A picture of the “plant” might be helpful, too. Here is an aquatic weed site that may help you ID the “plant”: http://aquaplant.tamu.edu/plant-identification/