Water well located in Central Texas

Asked March 30, 2013, 11:25 AM EDT

We are located in Luling, TX and have a waterwell. We use it exclusivly to water our property and gardens.
There is a green, leafy like substance that comes through the hoses upon start up. Once we let it run for a while, the majority of it will clear, but not entirely. Unsure if this is algae coming from the well? Any information would be appreciated.

Caldwell County Texas drinking water private water systems

I am at a loss to diagnose your problem. You need to identify the organism before we can make a recommendation. If it is green and plant-like, there would have to be some water exposure to sunlight. That is not possible for any well that I am familiar with. Can you provide a description of the well, full depth, diameter, depth of water and anything else you can think my help. A picture of the “plant” might be helpful, too. Here is an aquatic weed site that may help you ID the “plant”: http://aquaplant.tamu.edu/plant-identification/