whole house reverse osmosis

I have a domestic well in Nunn, CO and have a significant sodium content (228 mg/L). It is causing erosion of the swamp coolers and other issues. I'm wondering if reverse osmosis is a viable solution. I've heard it will correct the problem, but some resources suggest that the maintenance and cost are just not worth it.

Weld County Colorado drinking water in-home water quality and treatment options groundwater private water systems

Hello, A reverse osmosis (RO) system for domestic water supplies generally works best as a point-of-use rather than whole house treatment device. As you have read, the energy cost, maintenance and need for brine disposal are probably not worth it. Also, you lose a significant amount of water as brine and treating a smaller amount of water (for example - drinking purposes) is less wasteful.
My guess is that the sodium itself is only part of the corrosion problem and these is an overall high Total Dissolved Solids (TDS), but would need to see a water test.