Why are the barrel racers in 4H in Cuyahoga county still not wearing helmets...

Why are the barrel racers in 4H in Cuyahoga county still not wearing helmets when the 2009 law requires them to do so?

Cuyahoga County Ohio

Your question is puzzling to me as Extension Educator for 4-H who coordinates the 4-H horse program activity in Cuyahoga. We have only one show per year, our PAS qualification show, at which the helmet rule is enforced. We have never had a barrel racing class at these shows. The closest we have had is a "stakes" fun class at which I am present & the helmet rule HAS been followed. I am not aware of any of our clubs sponsoring another show at which this class is offered & the rule not enforced.
Please contact me with any particulars you have.
Is this a case of one of our members entering an open show sponsored by some other group and the member not observing the helmet rule?
Or has one of our Clubs been partnering without our knowledge with someone and sponsoring a show at which the rule is not enforced?
Or is some other county's 4-H club or some other organization sponsoring an open show at which barrel racing is offered but the helmet rule not enforced?