Federal tax return

Asked March 24, 2013, 3:33 PM EDT

Hello: I filed my federal taxes with turbo tax and recently I was filing my state return with onepricetaxes. While doing so I had to input credit information about my college education which I don't remember doing so in turbo tax. This information boosted my federal refund amount to $1,470 meanwhile with turbotax I only received a $600 refund which has already been deposited into my bank account. Can I file my federal taxes again in order to receive the remaining difference? Please help, and thank you.

Story County Iowa

1 Response

Hi, Turbo tax knows that there is a glitch in their system--it was announced on the news not too long ago. You may want to contact Turbo Tax to see if they can help you or contact the IRS directly at 800-829-1040 for an answer to your question. Generally speaking, tax returns can be ammended.