Are there any clinics or classes for hearding dogs within about 30 mins or so...

Are there any clinics or classes for hearding dogs within about 30 mins or so from Brown county? I spoke with an advisor at the dog show last year at the fair and she said they have clinics to take your dogs to over the summer. I did not get her contact info so i dont know who to ask.

Brown County Ohio

I am unaware of any herding dog clinics specifically for 4-H members. We do not have any that we offer in Ohio. I did some searches and found a trainer in Cynthiana, Kentucky, who offers clinics, and has video tapes, etc. that might help you. It would be worth contacting him. Here is the contact information:

Virgil Holland
134 Shepherd's Lane
Cynthiana, KY 41031
859 234 3326
Border collies (will give private lessons to other herding breeds)
Private Lessons by appointment, Clinics, Judging, In house training for border collies.
Training Book, Training Manual, Audio Tapes and Video Tape
Over 1000 head of sheep and over 100 acres with different terrain for training you and your dogs.
Cynthiana, KY is about 45 min. from Lexington, Ky and about 1hr from Cinncinnati , Ohio.