Garden too early

Hello, Apparently, I got some incorrect information elsewhere that suggested that I plant my indoor starters in early March. On your site it suggests that I shouldn't have started until May for my squash, tomatoes, and cucumbers. Should I continue to grow my starters indoors until May, or start over at the right time. Thanks! Jason

Multnomah County Oregon

Jason,
All is not lost we can fix this.
First Cucurbitaceae family squash and cucumber have tender roots and don't transplant well. If you look at the seed packet it should also say what temperature to soil should be to germinate.
70 degrees soil temperature and 50+ degree nights for tomatoes

Starting indoors like you have can extend the growing season so can closhes and row covers other names include poly tubes and tenting or cold frame. This method increases ambient and soil temperatures and can be built with pvc tubing, rigid wire, wood, twine etc.

Continue your plant indoors until your closhes have increased the soil temperature as much as they can and transplant at that time try not to disturb the root as much as you can on the Cucurbitaceae. The tomatoes on the other hand are tough and easily transplanted