Best water to COOK with?

I use well water (east of Cheyenne) to cook with. My "Joy of Cooking" says soft water is best for most cooking processes, although very soft water will make yeast doughs soggy and sticky. Hard water & some soft waters affect flavor..may toughen legumes and fruits and shrivel pickles..they alter the color of some veggies and turn white veggies yellow...and on it goes. What's a cook to do? I am having trouble making yeast breads. What water would you suggest I purchase to help improve my breads??

Laramie County Wyoming

Thank you for your question for eXtension. The topic area in which you've made a request is not yet fully staffed by eXtension experts and therefore we cannot provide you with a timely answer. Instead, if you live in the United States, please consider contacting the Cooperative Extension office closest to you. Simply go to http://www.extension.org, drop in your zip code and choose the office that is most convenient for you. We apologize that we can't help you right now, but please come back to eXtension to check in as we grow and add experts.