spurge, bluegrass and crabgrass control

last year these weeds finally wonout and took over our front lawn, despite all of the spraying my neighbor and I did. when do I need to start to work on trying to get ahead of these nightmares? is there something that I can use on all of them, or do I have to use seperate products, and do they have to be used at seperate times and intervals. Thanks for your help!!!!!!!!

Salt Lake County Utah lawns and turf weed issues urban integrated pest management

Weeds in turf are certainly a tough problem. The best initial approach, and the best way to have successful control, is to positively identify which weeds you have so that you may choose appropriate control measures. I would encourage you to bring samples of the weeds to your local county Extension office (2001 South State Street, Suite S-1200, (385) 468-4820) for identification.

Following identification, I would recommend a combination approach including proper
turfgrass management (http://extension.usu.edu/files/publications/publication/HG_517.pdf), mechanical controls, and herbicides where necessary. You can get help choosing the proper pesticides from your county office, once the weeds are identified.

Best regards.