Ground cover for erosion control

Asked March 9, 2013, 12:23 PM EST

I am slowly removing English Ivy from my property. I would like to replace it with some type of low lying ground cover that can spread to cover the area and provide erosion control. The area is on a slope with direct sunlight, so dry in the summer. The soil is mostly clay. A flowering plant would be nice. Do you have any recommendations?

Marion County Oregon

1 Response

I would recommend contacting your local OSU Extension Master Gardeners. They will be able to provide you with a lot of helpful ideas. Information on contacting the Marion County Master Gardeners is located at this weblink:
Hope this helps, Tom Silberstein
Conservation and Cropping Systems Instructor
OSU Extension Service, Marion and Clackamas County
3180 Center Street NE Room 1361
Salem, Oregon 97301