i put up a polly greenhouse last fall,now it has a mold smell in it.it is...

Asked March 6, 2013, 8:50 PM EST

i put up a polly greenhouse last fall,now it has a mold smell in it.it is always wet on the polly do i need to do anything about the mold smell? how do i get rid of the moisture without freezing my lettuce plants

Ashtabula County Ohio

You need to have good air circulation in a greenhouse to prevent uneven temperatures and to prevent mold formation. If you do not have a fan mounted in the greenhouse, I would suggest you do so. If you do have a fan and it isn't keeping the air fresh and the temperatures uniform then I would suggest getting a bigger fan or more of them. It is also necessary to assure that some fresh air is permitted to enter the structure. A greenhouse needs to have a supply of fresh air and a means for eliminating air which becomes too warm. With improved ventilation, you should soon eliminate the moldy smell.

Below is a website which may offer you some helpful insights into proper ventilation of your poly house.
http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/ae030