new wildfire suppression system to protect residential and commercial property

Asked March 5, 2013, 3:30 PM EST

I am developing a new wildfire suppression system to protect residences, residential neighboorhoods and commercial properties. Is there anyone in your organization who could help me find resourses to fund the conceptual design and prototype build? Also does your organiztion work with Berkley's Center for Fire Research and outreach? Do you know anyone in that organization who works on residential protection? Especially interested with UC Berklie's colaberation with their counterparts in Australia. Thank you in advance for any assistance or information you can give you.

Chittenden County Vermont

2 Responses

Thank you for your question for eXtension. The topic area in which you've made a request is not yet fully staffed by eXtension experts and therefore we cannot provide you with a timely answer. Instead, if you live in the United States, please consider contacting the Cooperative Extension office closest to you. Simply go to, drop in your zip code and choose the office that is most convenient for you. We apologize that we can't help you right now, but please come back to eXtension to check in as we grow and add experts.

Hi, Thanks for your question. Members of the eXtension Wildfire Information Network have some experience in residential property protection - look at information at the following site: - click on the Building Materials & Home Design section.

I don't think there is anyone in this group that can help with finding financial resources for your conceptual design and prototype build, but a number of the members, including myself, have ties to the Center for Fire Research and Outreach. I prepared much of the "home and building" information on that website.

If you want to contact me directly, email

Thanks again for your question.