Hops In Texas

I am considering growing organic hops in Texas. Has any research been done with regards to hops? I have been doing some reading and have learned that they don't do well below the 30 or 35th latitudes. Most commercial hops are grown in the Yakima Valley in Washington State and the Willamette Valley in Oregon. I'm not a fan of "you cant grow that here". I'm wondering if they told the grape growers that as well. Any information you can supply will be much appreciated.

Burleson County Texas hops production

You are correct in assessment of where hops are produced, with most of the production in the Pacific Northwest, with a smaller production region in "lake effect" area of: Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan. I am not aware of any hops production or hops research in Texas. As I understand it, hops are not tolerant of the hot, humid summers typical of Central Texas. Unlike hops, grapes are native to this region, with the Mustang and Muscadine found broadly across South, Central and East Texas.