Chesterfield Twp. Residential Chickens

Asked February 7, 2013, 8:33 PM EST

I am renting a home on 3 achres. on the side of me is a bar and vacant land zoned general comercial, in the back it is zoned light industrial. I am raising chickens for eggs and in the spring and summer I raise meat chickens. I also have two sheep I am raising for the wool and breading and meat. I have been here for 3 years and now the Twp got a complaint that I have chickens and goats. I don't have goats. My question is am I governed under the RTFA if I follow Michicgan Agriculture Generaly acceptable practices

Macomb County Michigan

1 Response

You may want to contact the Michigan Department of Agriculture. The contact person I have used in the past is Wayne Whitman at 517-355-5849, a second number is 517-373-9797. They have Right-to-Farm staff that can assist in reviewing your situation.