Doe bleeding 5 days after birthing

My 2-year-old doe birthing for the first time had twins with no problems and has been doing great. But this morning I noticed some bright red blood on the straw in her pen and on her tail. Is this normal, or is this something I need to be concerned with? This is my first experience with breeding and birthing goats so I am at a loss as to what this could be. She still seems fine, her eating is fine and letting the kids nurse fine. Not acting distressed in anyway.

Butler County Missouri livestock goats

This is normal behavior for goats. Placental tissue is expelled after birth and the the uterus will contract. You will see spotting of blood for another week. Please consult a veterinarian for an exam if the flow increases dramatically or fails to taper off after a period of time. Be sure to keep visits to this trio to a minimum so that the mother has time to bond with her kids. Check on the kids to make sure they both are eating.

Thanks for your question.