Rotary Dairy Parlors

I'm doing research on the dairy industry, and I'm trying to figure out how many rotary parlors are operating in the U.S. Is that a data point you have or do you have any advice on other sources for that information or a way to approximate it (i.e. certain percentage of dairy herds greater than 500 cows)? Thank you for any help you can provide.

The latest data I can remember is that published by APHIS in their 2007 survey. Of the different types, rotary parlors were only in 1.1% of US dairies and milked 5.2 percent of all the cows in the US. If you figure approximately 50,000 dairies left in the U.S. and around 9,000,000 dairy cows you can estimate how many rotary parlors there are, and how many total cows are milked in those. You are right, most rotary parlors (if not all) are in dairies with more than 500 cows.