Plastic packaging for a food concentrate

I am developing a product that is a fruit concentrate, like a paste. What is the very best way other than a jar to air tight package this for sales? I would like it to be as sustainable as possible and then housed in a recycled box or wrap. Where do I begin from the finished product ready for storage in a one time use sealed package. Is there a way to package it without needing to be in the refrigerated section of the store? Thank you!

Multnomah County Oregon

Thank you for contacting Ask and Expert.Oregon State University’s Food Innovation Center (FIC) provides shelf life testing to help ensure food products are of optimum quality. The FIC conducts research work to improve: product quality, processing efficiencies and capabilities. FIC uses a variety of technologies and applications to benefit the food industry. Individualized custom work can be developed for clients. I recommend you contact Qingyue Ling, Assistant Professor, at the Food Innovation Center for a recommendation (503 872-6652). Good luck with your product!