Can red Pontiac potato seed be shipped to Colorado?

For the last two to three years I have been ordering red Pontiac seed potatoes from Gurney's Seed & Nursery, but this year they said they were not available. Burpees said they could not ship them to Colorado. Is there some regulation that prevents their entry into Colorado?

Larimer County Colorado fruits and vegetables horticulture

I don't know if there is a quarantine on this specific type of potato. However, Colorado is one of the biggest commercial producers of seed potatoes in the country so I know the state watches closely in order to insure there is no harm to the industry due to imports.

That said, I suggest you contact the Colorado Dept. of Ag to see if there have recently restricted this type of potato or if the growers are simply choosing not to ship to our region anymore (this occasionally happens). The plant program for CDA is http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite/ag_Plants/CBON/1251623390401

Good luck!