insect pods

I brought a houseplant inside from being on my front porch. Shortly thereafter, little hard pods/shells/cases appeared on the wall near the plant. I took one to Paulino Gardens and the expert there said it was not insect related because it was hard and didn't have a soft interior. I moved the plant to another room. These mysterious pods again appeared on the wall in the other room. They only appeared near the plant that I brought in. I'm pretty convinced that they a. are traveling with the plant and b. are insect based. Do you have any idea what they are? They are very small - a 16th of an inch or so. They caused spots on the paint on the walls where they attached themselves. Please let me know what you think and what I should do about them. The damage to the paint is a concern, as it the health of the plant and other plants in my house. Thanks

Denver County Colorado

This is just a guess - oxalis seeds.

Oxalis is a common weed that sometimes gets into the soil around houseplants - it somewhat looks like a clover.

They produce seed pods and the seeds are periodically ejected forcefully from the plant - capable of flying several feet. The seeds are sticky and will readily stick to walls and other surfaces.

On close inspection the seeds sort of look like insect eggs - quite hard, brown, and with ridges.

That is the best I can do without a photo or sample.