Organic Gardening

My wife and I have decided to change our gardening technique to all organic. We are trying to find organic mulch, manure, soil, etc. for our garden beds but don't know where to look. Are there farms or other resources in our area where these are available?

Yamhill County Oregon organic gardening horticulture soil and fertility issues

As a representative of OSU Extension Service, I cannot endorse or recommend a particular branded product, a specific farm, etc. But I can direct you to research your local resources such as the classified ads in your county newspapers, for farms and such do advertise especially in the springtime. Some communities that collect yard waste offer a buy back program of the compost that is made from the collections, such as the City of Newberg. There is also a program in the McMinnville area. Now would be a good time to start your own composting of your yard waste. You may find out more information through publications #EC 1247, EM 9027 and EM 9034-E. Go to the following website and type in "composting": extension.oregonstate.edu/catalog to view them online or download to your computer. I highly recommend the "Grow Your Own" #9027 for it is a great resource for any gardener.

Let us know if you have any other questions?