Dollar_sign_with_fireworks-extension-fsa-cop_medium personal finance

The Financial Security For All Community of Practice (FSA CoP) is a community of Cooperative Extension family economics professionals who provide research-based information about personal finance topics to help people manage their money wisely and improve their lives.

(This group currently has 29 experts available to answer questions)

Questions asked to this group

Still waiting

I have been waiting for my tax refund for 2017 and now they are say that they got till 9-2019 to respond i recieved my 2016 tax refund . and i recieved my 2018 tax fefund nothig has change but they are still holding on to my 2017 tax refund dont you think that is alittle stupid

Dallas County California Posted 3 months ago


Can my RMD withdrawal be treated (tax wise), as long term capital gains since it has been in my account for decades? Treating the total amount as normal income does not seem to be fair taxation.

Oakland County Michigan Posted 3 months ago

Earning limits while taking spousal benefits

I am 67 and taking spousal benefits. What is the earning limit if I continue to work?

Hillsborough County Florida Posted 3 months ago

early drawing of socail security and still work

If I draw my social security at the age of 64.6 and still work, will my wifes income affect what I draw. I know that after17,000 every dollar of 2.00 dollars is taken. I just wanted to know if that only inclides my income or both my wifes and mine.

Shawnee County Kansas social security Posted 4 months ago


I know in stocks 1 means buy, 2 means hold, and 3 means sell. Im a newbie to the stock market. But today on my cron and aurora cannibus stocks it showed a 4 by the little bell in red. What does the 4 mean. Thank you for your help.

Lee County Florida Posted 5 months ago


On my original return i put direct deposit. I filed an admendment return and the irs said it will be in my account

Louisiana Posted 10 months ago

those who have worked less than 40 quarters

those who have worked for less than 40 quarters are they entitled to any benefits after the age of 65 or more

California Posted 11 months ago

L-9 tax return requirements

My mother in law passed away in 2011. She was in her 90's and had not worked for years prior to that. She worked as a waitress with very low income. Her son as the executor of the estate and also a Class A beneficiary is asked to include her last tax filed form with an L-9 form for a waiver on inheritance tax. Not sure how to get that information after more than 10 years. Is there a limitation on how many years back that you have to provide that information?

Middlesex County New Jersey Posted 11 months ago

debts left by deceased spouse

Is a surviving spouse responsible for the debts of her deceased spouse if the debts are only on his name.

Alachua County Florida Posted 12 months ago

Length of time to keep My 2016-2017 Monthly Prescription Drug Summary.

How long do I keep my 2016-2017 Monthly Prescription Drug Summary ( Medicare/Medicaid)?

Douglas County Georgia Posted 12 months ago